We play the game on KGS in the 'Yunguseng Dojang' private room. The games are played one evening per week at 20:00(CST, Central Standard time, GMT -6). At 22:00 our teacher joins the room and reviews four or five of the played games. The games the teacher couldn't review online will be reviewed and recorded offline and put on the Vimeo video platform later. The "live" reviews are also recorded and can be watched again later.
1. League system
Yunguseng consists of 4-6 leagues, each League will have 6 players.
2. Playing Months
There will be 9 play months a year. We'll take a break for a month in Spring, Summer and Winter each time a full season (3 months) has ended.
3. Round Robin
A full-league system will be played, everyone plays everyone else in their league(Round Robin) once per month.
4. Playing days & times
The games will be played on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings at 20:00 CST(GMT -6, after daylight saving time GMT -5).
Participants can join and watch all group's games and reviews.
6. LecturesThe Yunguseng teacher will give 3 lectures per month. The lessons are on KGS and include audio, the students type and the teacher talks. We will record these lessons. If you can not manage to be there you can watch them later.
8. Yunguseng rating
All standard members will take Yunguseng rating point after their first joining.
Please see the KGS - YD rating conversion table:
* YDR = Yunguseng Dojang Rating
The rating system is very simple. If two players of the same strength play each other, the winner will get 10 rating points and the loser will lose 10 points. If the players are not evenly matched, the stronger one will receive one less rating point for every 50 rating points difference between the players.
The spectator package is meant for those people who want to join the reviews and lectures but don't have enough time to play the league games or couldn't join in the league due to lack of spaces .
As a spectator, you can participate in the following:
* If there are more than 150 times of hit for watching lectures in less than 10 days, 350 in a month, it can be treated as collecting lecture videos and the membership can be stopped.
10. Homework system
The homework system lets Yunguseng understand the lecture topics more effectively.
11. Personal report
It's a personal Go report that teacher gives his opinion of each member's style of play, strong point, weak point and where to focus for studying Go. Including teacher's comment, you will understand more for your Go and it can be a map for making your study plan.
Here's the sample file :
12. WebApp for checking lectures again
It's a WebApp made by one of YD members Rahapel Benichou (stibbons) for memorizing lectures.
How to proceed?
* Please use your kgs pseudo as user name: in that way, In-Seong and I can check that only Yunguseng members get access to the Yunguseng problems.